Canadians for Fair Access to Medical Marijuana (CFAMM) is a national non-profit organization which has effectively represented medical cannabis patients since 2014. CFAMM has emerged as the thoughtful, legitimate, grassroots voice for medical cannabis in the non-profit advocacy space.
CFAMM welcomes contributions, including sponsorships, donations, and in-kind gifts, from corporations that help us further our mission, goals, and vision (which are set in full independence from our donors). As we take our responsibility to patients and commitment to ethical advocacy very seriously, we have set out this transparent policy that dictates how we engage with corporate donors, including the medical cannabis industry.
- Remain fully independent in our positions and polices
- Only accept contributions in line with our mission, vision, and values, which is set independently from our donors
- Reserve and exercise the right to turn down any contributions from organizations that don’t align with our mission, vision, and values
- Have complete control of all funds and donations (unrestricted only)
- Never endorse a specific product or company
- Seek a diverse group of funders and support from all stakeholders
- Acknowledge corporate support by specifying company names or logos
- Remain in control of our intellectual property, including CFAMM’s name, logo, and other trademarks
CFAMM sometimes engages corporate entities as sponsors. We publicly recognize corporate sponsors on our website and only allow organizations that are in line with our mission, vision, and values to become sponsors.
We evaluate all sponsorships based on the guiding principles, including the sponsorship’s value to CFAMM and the potential sponsor organization being considered. CFAMM will only consider organizations whose businesses are in line with our mission to become sponsors. All sponsorships must be approved by the Board of Directors.
Independence and Unrestricted Funding
All sponsors must sign a standard written agreement that recognizes the independence and autonomy of CFAMM and that all funds are to be used at the sole discretion of CFAMM.
Recognition will be limited to a company’s name and logo. No recognition for specific products shall be permitted. Sponsors will be listed alphabetically or alphabetically within pre-determined levels of support, which are set according to specific sponsorship opportunities (national sponsorship, events, etc.).
CFAMM shall remain in complete control of our intellectual property, including name, logo, and all trademarks. Sponsors shall not use CFAMM’s IP without the prior written consent of CFAMM’s Board of Directors or CEO.